1st Trimester Sept./Oct./Nov.
- Week of Inspirational Math
- Review and assess the 6/7th grade standards.
- Integers and Absolute Value/Adding/Subtracting/Multiplying/Dividing Integers
- Rational Numbers/Adding/Subtracting/Multiplying/Dividing Rational Numbers
- Expressions and Equations
- Algebraic Expressions
- Adding & Subtracting Linear Expressions
- Solving Equations Using–Addition/Subtraction/Multiplication/Division
- Solving Two-Step Equations
- Writing & Graphing Inequalities
- Solving Inequalities Using Addition/Subtraction/Multiplication/Division
- Solving Two-Step Inequalities
2nd Trimester Dec./Jan./Feb./Mar.
- Ratios & Proportions
- Proportions/Writing & Solving Proportions
- Slope & Direct Variation
- Percents & Decimals
- Comparing and Ordering Fractions/Decimals/Percents
- Percent Proportion/Percent Equation/Percents of Increase & Decrease
- Discounts/Markups/Simple Interest
- Constructions & Scale Drawings
- Adjacent/Vertical/Complementary/Supplementary Angles
- Triangles/Quadrilaterals/Scale Drawings
3rd Trimester Mar./Apr./May
- Circles and Areas
- Perimeters of Composite Figures
- Areas of Circles & Composite Figures
- Surface Area & Volume
- Surface Areas of Prisms/Pyramids/Cylinders
- Volumes of Prisms & Pyramids
- Probability and Statistics
- Outcomes and Events
- Probability/Experimental & Theoretical Probability
- Compound Events/Independent & Dependent
- Samples & Populations/Comparing Populations
June – Review of 6/7th grade standards and skills in preparation for higher level math next year.
**The map above is approximated. Times will vary depending on students needs.
** If you find yourself in this scenario below, please visit my Math G1 overview page!!! There are lots of great websites listed to help you, and your parent succeed in Math this year!