1st Trimester Sept./Oct./Nov.
- Week of Inspirational Math
- Review and assess the 6/7th grade standards.
- Intoduction to Equations
- Solving Multi-Step Equations/Equations with Variables on both sides
- Rewriting Equations on both sides
- Congruent Figures/Translations/Reflections/Rotations
- Similar Figures/Perimeter & Areas of Similar Figures
- Angles & Triangles
- Parallel Lines & Traversals
- Areas of Triangles/Polygons
- Introduction of Graphing/Writing Linear Equations
2nd Trimester Dec./Jan./Feb./Mar.
- Continuation of Graphing and Writing Linear Equations
- Slope of a Line
- Graphing Proportional Relationships/Linear Equations in Slope-Intercept Form & Standard Form
- Writing Equations in Slope-Intercept & Point-Slope Form
- Systems of Linear Equations
- Solving Systems of Linear Equations by Substitution and Elimination & Special Systems of Linear Equations
- Functions/Relations and Functions & Representations of Functions/Linear Functions/Comparing Linear & Nonlinear Functions
- Analyzing & Sketching Graphs
- Real Numbers & The Pythagorean Theorem
- Finding Square Roots & Cube Roots
- Approximating Square Roots & Using the Pythagorean Theorem
3rd Trimester Mar./Apr./May
- Volume & Similar Solids
- Volumes of Cylinders/Cones/Spheres
- Surface Areas & Volumes of Similar Solids
- Data Analysis & Displays
- Scatter Plots/Lines of Fit/Two Way Tables/Choosing a Data Display
- Exponents & Scientific Notation
- Exponents/Product & Quotient Powers of Property
- Zero & Negative Exponents
- Reading & Writing Scientific Notation
- Operations in Scientific Notation
June – Review of 8th grade standards and skills in preparation for higher level math next year in high school.
**The map above is approximated. Times will vary depending on students needs.
** If you find yourself in the scenario below, please visit my Math H-8th Grade overview page!!! There are lots of great websites listed to help you, and your parent succeed in Math this year!